Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- The quirky simulator RPG Stardew Valley has been on several platforms for a while but recently developer known as ConcernedApe has decided to part ways from the publisher Chucklefish for several of the platforms, including PC, Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita versions.
- From December 14th, ConcernedApe will be taking on that responsibility alone for PC, Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita. Chucklefish will still be handling Nintendo Switch and mobile platforms which went live this year.
- In a post on the official website the developer expresses his vision “I think self-publishing is the end-goal of most indie developers, and I’m happy to be in a place where that’s possible!” He also thanked the publisher for helping him to get multiplayer off the ground.
- Stardew Valley is available to play on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Nintendo Switch, PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One. An Android version is on the way.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Stardew Valley Developer And Publisher Go Separate Ways For Most Platforms
- Blizzard have been a bit hot under the collar with recent Blizzcon 2018 announcement for mobile RPG Diablo Immortal, but still hold strong with promises of multiple upcoming projects in a statement made on their forum.
- The Diablo team at Blizzard in an attempt to quell worried fans of the developer’s direction with future games for Diablo, assures that multiple projects are in the works and will be revealed “over the course of the coming year”.
- It looks like they will save any announcements for 2019, as 2018 draws to a close. They have not specifically mentioned the exact project titles, whether Diablo 4 will be one of them, but continue to confirm that other projects are still a part of their plan.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Diablo Team Working On Multiple Projects To Be Revealed Next Year
Playstation Awards 2018
- The winners for the Playstation Awards 2018 have been announced by Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia.
- The annual award ceremony celebrates those on the Playstation platform in terms of sales volume as well as Users Choice which is voted by the public.
- The Quadruple Platinum Prize went to Monster Hunter World by Capcom that shipped over 4 million copies.
- The Platinum Prize for over 1 million copies shipped went to Sony’s The Last of Us Remastered and Persona 5 by Atlus.
- In terms of the choice award, Japan and Asia users voted for the top 10 which included Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Dark Souls Remastered, Detroit Become Human, Dragon Quest 11: Elusive Age, Fornite, God of War, The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel IV, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Monster Hunter World and Yakuza: Kiwami 2.
- The VR award went to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, Gran Turismo Sport and No Heroes Allowed!
- To see the full list of winners you can visit Fextralife.com to see all titles.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Playstation Awards 2018 Winners Announced
Red Dead Online
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s online mode Red Dead Online beta recently had some feedback from the players in the community concerning the cost of items in-game, causing the economy to be unbalanced.
- A good example of the disparity between item worth is the cost of baked beans versus gold rings, somehow the price for baked beans is more valuable than gold rings which led to players to speak up about the in-game issues.
- In a recent tweet by Rockstar they address some of the economy problems as well as the bugs that currently exist in the beta, they also urge players to continue to give feedback using their support page, which was set up at the beginning of the beta. The tweet mentions they will “…continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress”.
- Red Dead Online is currently in beta and is available on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Rockstar To Rebalance Red Dead Online Economy
- The game developer Epic Games known for their colossal battle royale title Fornite are now taking on the gaming platform Steam with their own store. Not only will they be offering a range of games but will be taking a lower cut than Steam.
- Epic Games plans on opening a digital store front to rival similar platforms such as Steam. They will be launching their platform on Mac and Windows, later expanding to Android and other platforms in 2019.
- Games sold through the store will not be require to have DRM. What’s more interesting is their revenue plan, while other platforms take a 30% cut, Epic Games will only take 12%.
- The platform sets to give developers more freedom allowing total control over their store pages, buyers can access newsfeeds, that helps developers have contact with their core audience.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Epic Games To Launch Own Store With A Lower Cut Than Steam.
Elder Scrolls Online
- If you’ve been on the fence about picking up Elder Scrolls Online now’s your chance to play for free this week until December 11th!
- You can pick up ESO on either platform, PC, Xbox One or Playstation 4 for free.
- Not only will you be able to access the base game but also the Morrowind DLC. Explore the highly detailed world, help restore the demi-god Vivec and their lost powers, gain back your soul from the grasp of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal. You can also test your skills in PvP in Cyrodiil, a large open world PvP zone where factions will fight it out to be the next victors through strategy, war tactics and more.
- If you already own ESO base game but haven’t purchased the Morrowind DLC, you will be able to visit the magnificent Vvardenfell during this period to discover the home of the Dark Elves.
- Elder Scrolls Online is available to play on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. The trial starts Thursday 6th December to Tuesday 11th December 2018.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Elder Scrolls Online Is Free To Play From Dec 6th To Dec 11th.
- Ubisoft Quebec welcomes a new member to their team, the former boss of Bioware’s Dragon Age series Mike Laidlaw.
- This move a little surprising but might be a good fit, as Assassin’s took on a more RPG shape with Odyssey this year, the Bioware boss has a decade of experience with the RPG genre with the Dragon Age franchise, Mass Effect and more. Before this, Laidlaw was the lead writer for another Bioware game, Jade Empire.
- Ubisoft Quebec has also announced that it will create 200 new jobs and a second site in the city meaning there could be a new project on the horizon. In the past, Assassin’s Creed games have been back and forth between the two studios Montreal and Quebec, Laidlaw could be working on the next Assassin’s Creed. But Ubisoft have already announced that they won’t be releasing another Assassin’s Creed until after 2019.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Former Dragon Age Boss Mike Laidlaw To Join Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Studio
- Bethesda released the latest Fallout 76 patch 188.8.131.52 for all platforms on December 4th.
- Bethesda have already announced there will be another patch slated for December 11th.
- The patch that was released on December 4th is considerably smaller than the previous patch that was released last month. This one is 3GB for console and only 36MB for PC.
- It also brings overall performance improvements returning uncapped PC framerates and will no longer cause movement speed to increase when high framerates are reached.
- Probably the most awaited update stash increased has been upped by 50% meaning you now hold 600 pounds. Bethesda plan to increase the max further in future updates once this has been fully tested.
To read more about this title you can find it here in: Fallout 76 Patch 184.108.40.206. Details.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: